I have an interesting question for you today. In this day and age why do you think it is important for you to have a presence on social media? Do you do it to look cool and stay hip? No, silly people. You should do it because having different social media platforms allows you to, not only have a voice, but reach millions of people that you wouldn’t normally reach. There are so many other reasons why you should have social media for your business. Here is a list of a few key examples to get you started.
1. You can show people what you are all about.
· What does this mean? It means that you have a voice as a business owner to show current and potential customers your own personal brand. You have control over what you put on social media, so you can decide how you want your business to come across to people.
· Social media also allows you to connect with each individual customer on a personal level. Now a days, the users of social media are incredibly diverse. As an owner you have the opportunity to reach out to each person and connect with them.
2. Social media brings in more customers.
· Like I stated earlier, having different social media platforms allows you to reach people you might not have otherwise come into contact with. If you do the math, more people = more business.
· In addition to bringing in more customers, social media allows you to build a relationship with customers before you even do business with them. Potential customers coming into contact with your social media platforms are learning about you, your business, and what you have to offer.
3. Social media allows your customers to have a voice.
· Not only do you have a voice on social media, but so do your customers. Social media provides a space where customers can provide instant feedback on your business. Both positive and negative feedback could come your way, so you have to be prepared to respond appropriately to either. Regardless, feedback is incredibly valuable and can help you give your customers exactly what they want.
4. You can nurture your current relationships with your customers and reward them for doing business with you.
· Social media not only brings in new customers, but it can be used to make sure that your current customers stick around. You could create a loyalty program of some kind and advertise it on social media. This won’t only entice your current customers to stay, but it may bring in new customers too.
· Something simple that you can do to reward your customers is to provide them with promotions and discounts. Use your social media platforms to send out coupons to your customers, because who doesn’t love saving money.